App, short for application, is mostly used to refer to stand-alone software used on mobile devices or in a web browser environment.
« Back to Glossary Index
- Medical apps or software: classification and approval as medical deviceSoftware like a medical app that has a medical purpose is legally a medical device. This article gives an overview of the path from a software to a medical device with CE-marking.
- Software Life Cycle for Medical Devices: IEC 62304In this article, we discuss what manufacturers must pay attention to when considering the software lifecycle and how the standards specifically help in this respect.
- Postponed to 2021: VDE Medical SoftwareThe MeSo expert community will meet on 13 May 2020 in Frankfurt. Find out which regulatory requirements you have to meet now and in the future and how to implement them efficiently.
- Improving Patient Compliance With Speech RecognitionThe use of patient diaries for telemonitoring often fails due to a lack of compliance. The use of speech recognition can increase patient compliance.
- [Video] How to Achieve MDR Compliance for Medical AppsIt's hard to achieve MDR compliance when developing medical apps. Learn in this presentation how to overcome this hurdle.