App, short for application, is mostly used to refer to stand-alone software used on mobile devices or in a web browser environment.
« Back to Glossary Index
- Medical apps or software: classification and approval as medical deviceSoftware like a medical app that has a medical purpose is legally a medical device. This article gives an overview of the path from a software to a medical device with CE-marking.
- Software Life Cycle for Medical Devices: IEC 62304In this article, we discuss what manufacturers must pay attention to when considering the software lifecycle and how the standards specifically help in this respect.
- Improving Patient Compliance With Speech RecognitionThe use of patient diaries for telemonitoring often fails due to a lack of compliance. The use of speech recognition can increase patient compliance.
- [Video] How to Achieve MDR Compliance for Medical AppsIt's hard to achieve MDR compliance when developing medical apps. Learn in this presentation how to overcome this hurdle.
- Risk Classification of a Medical AppRisk classification for medical apps has changed significantly with the European Medical Device Regulation. We give you an example!